May 6, 2020
I am very excited to let you know that corporate worship services will resume on Sunday May 31. As we begin worshipping together, we will be following the guidelines from Governor Lee. Here are the plans for resuming worship.
- There will be 3 worship services each Sunday at 8:30, 10:45 and 6 p.m.
- Attendance at the services will be limited to 100 people. If you normally attend the 10:45 service, please consider coming to the evening service at 6.
- Rows will be spaced to allow for appropriate social distance and there will be extra chairs to provide space between families.
- We will be glad to see one another but still need to refrain from shaking hands or hugging.
- The wearing of masks is encouraged as a precaution.
- Per the governor’s guidelines, nursery and children’s worship will not be provided.
- Surfaces will be sanitized between the services.
- Remember, if you are sick or don’t feel well, err on the side of caution and stay home.
- The 10:45 service will be live streamed on Facebook.
Many of you expressed interest in “Drive-In Church.” Unfortunately, things didn’t work out for us to conduct church in this manner. A transmitter was ordered and when a trial run was conducted, it was discovered that the transmitter only projected 30 to 40 feet, nowhere near what is needed for Trinity’s parking lot. The transmitter needed would cost $400 to $500 plus take more than a week to arrive. Since services will resume on the 31st and at best, “Drive-In Church” would only meet once or twice, it seems best to hold off on doing “Drive-in Church.”
We will return to our normal activities and programs over time, which means that Sunday School will resume in the future. As has been said frequently, the situation is fluid and we will work to adapt, as necessary.
I am looking forward to seeing you on the 31st!