EQUIP: (1) to furnish for service or action by appropriate provisioning; (2) to make ready.
The New Testament teaches that God gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds, and the teachers to equip the saints for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:9). The writer of Hebrews prays that God would equip the church with everything good so that we may do His will (Hebrews 13:20). These verses make it clear that believers need to be equipped for ministry in the world. An effective paramedic is one who is trained to do the job and has the equipment necessary to help the injured. Christians are called to carry the first aid of the gospel to a hurting world. To do this effectively, we must be equipped. It is also clear from these verses that the church is to be an equipping center for Christians in order to prepare disciples to shine the light of the gospel into the world. Trinity states clearly that one of our main purposes is to ready believers for the work of ministry.
EQUIP: Core Core classes are about the basics that every believer should know and do. These things are at the core of discipleship.
Doctrineof the Scripture
- Doctrine of God
- Doctrine of Christ
Doctrineof the Holy Spirit
- Doctrine of Salvation
Doctrineof the Church Doctrineof Last Things
- Church History
- How to Share Your Faith
- Foundational Apologetics
- The Question of Evil
- Growing in Your Prayer Life
- The Spiritual Disciplines in Everyday Life
Trinity 101: An Introduction to Church Membership
God and Marriage
Faith and Parenting
God and a Healthy Lifestyle
The Christian and Time
The Faithful Steward
Building God-Centered Relationships
EQUIP: Connect The Christian life is not meant to be lived alone. These groups are designed to help believers connect with one another in life-giving relationships.
Community Bible Reading Groups
EQUIP: Leadership This track is for those called to leadership in the church. Sunday School teachers, deacons, and other ministry leaders will sharpen their skills and be better equipped to minister within the body of Christ.
How to Teach the Bible
Teaching Children’s Sunday School
Ministering to Youth
The Ministry of the Deacon
FALL 2018 CLASSES
The EQUIP courses for the fall begin on August 19 at 6:00 p.m. Here are the classes that will be offered:
- Counter Culture – by David Platt. This course will equip the believer to live faithfully in and engage our culture with the gospel. David Platt believes that the truths of the gospel should compel us to a contrite, compassionate, and courageous personal response to social issues in the culture. Using biblical foundations, practical illustrations, and personal exhortations, this study is a pointed yet winsome call for readers to faithfully follow Christ in countercultural ways. There will be a cost; there will be a reward. This class will meet for six weeks. The price of the book is $13. Leaders: Eric & Katherine Anderson
- Tell Someone – A
six sessionstudy on evangelism from Greg Laurie, one of the nation's most prominent pastors and evangelists. This study helps group members identify people and places already in their daily routines, encouraging and empowering them to share the good news of Jesus Christ. This class will meet for six weeks. The book costs $9.50. Leader: Joel Tumlin
- Community Bible Reading – Using the CBR method, this group will gather to fellowship around the Scriptures. Each week we will discuss what God has revealed to us from the weekly readings and address questions participants may have. These groups are a great way to kick-start your Bible reading habit and master the CBR method. The group will meet for 11 weeks. Leader: Nathan Moore
- Living the Cross Centered Life – The group will read the book Living the Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney and meet each week to discuss what has been read. We will meet for seven weeks. The cost of the book is $9. Leader: Paul King
- Women’s Bible Study - Rebuild: A Study in Nehemiah by Kathleen Nielson is an eight-week study on the return of God’s people from exile and the rebuilding of Jerusalem. But it also tells of God’s people being rebuilt according to His Word. The cost of the book is $12. Leader: Haley Moore
- How to Teach the Bible —The focus of the class is to equip the participants to be effective Bible teachers. The course will cover the doctrine of the Bible, how we got the Bible, understanding the different types of literature found in the Bible, how to outline a passage, and then how to help a class apply the Scripture to life. The class will meet for 11 weeks. Leader: Mark Harrod